IT Support Specialist
Grindr, West Hollywood, CA
The largest all-male location based network in the world
The IT Specialist provides customer service driven IT Support and is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems. You are efficient, thorough and great at prioritization. You should also be a great communicator as you will be the first line of defense for our internal users’ IT needs. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring a ticket queue, contributing to our knowledge base, and coming up with innovative ways to better the IT experience for the Grindr team.
- Day to day troubleshooting in a Mac environment (we also use Ubuntu)
- Troubleshoot network/wifi/printers
- Assist with audio-visual set up in conference rooms and all hands space.
- Perform employee onboarding/offboarding
- Write and update IT documentation
- Administer and support tools such as JAMF, OneLogin, and manage mobile devices
- Proactively surface ideas and proposals for IT support improvements
- Coordinate with IT team on additional IT projects & initiatives as needed
- Longer-term projects and migrations as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years Previous IT Support or Networking experience
- Previous experience at a startup or other fast-paced environment a big plus
- Experience with MDM, SAML-based SSO, Google G-Suite (or equivalent) required
- Experience with SaaS systems administration
- Willingness to learn new skills and juggle numerous tasks at once, working well under pressure
- Professional demeanor and maturity to navigate confidential situations, a wide range of personalities, and working styles
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers a plus
- Familiarity with GDPR and CCPA processes and guidelines is a plus
- Experience with Linux/UNIX/AWS a big plus
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - A space for Grindr users to connect around sex, dating, and everything else happening on—and off—the apps.
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive salaries and options
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit Grindr's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.