Senior Android Developer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr needs an Senior Android Developer to create the next generation of Android native apps. You will be developing, creating, coding, and collaborating to facilitate connections between our vast, geographically distributed user base, while leading a team of developers. This is not a resource management position - this is an opportunity to be a hands-on developer while growing your mentoring abilities.
- Lead code and architecture reviews
- Build with quality and integrity while balancing business and engineering needs
- Ensure high availability and scalability of the Grindr Android apps by continuously refactoring and re-architecting parts of the apps to meet our needs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Oversee team functions and drive process improvements
- Drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- At least 5 years of dedicated Android experience with experience submitting apps to Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore
- Fluency in design patterns and good engineering practices
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Advanced Java development experience and expert knowledge of the Android SDK
- The ability to establish rapport with other development teams, Product Owners, QA’s and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive features to delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Quality Assurance Lead - PlayStation Now (Core)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Video Player
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
OPNFV Internship Opening: Web Portal for OPNFV Test API
The Linux Foundation, Remote
Senior Android Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Mobile Application Developer