Senior Program Manager, Mobile
Grindr, Remote - US
The largest all-male location based network in the world
What's so interesting about this job?
The Grindr Core squad is looking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager who is passionate to optimize our project management process. You’ll use your understanding of mobile software development, communication, organizational skills, and motivating personality to help launch amazing features that benefit the LGBTQ+ community. On our Core squad, you’ll work with a talented team of designers, product managers, data scientists, and engineers on the foundational features of our app. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute meaningfully to the world's best app for queer dating.
What's the job?
- Develop and optimize the project process that the squad uses to ship features faster.
- Coordinate and align communication between our Android, iOS, and backend engineers.
- Communicate project deliverables, milestones, risks, and dependencies to internal and external platform stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and lead meetings, create agendas, record meeting minutes, and track action items.
- Document and implement our processes in Confluence, Jira, Slack, GSuite.
- Write decks, present to small and large groups, organize team-building activities, and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Cheer along with a unique team that’s building software for millions of people.
What we'll love about you:
- You know why a process or framework works in some situations and not in others.
- You love writing, organizing, and simplifying team communications.
- You can interpret product jargon and translate into clear requirements, stories, and tasks.
- You have experience managing team/project expectations within an Agile Scrum or Kanban framework.
- You have experience working with mobile (iOS/Android) engineering teams and projects.
- You’ll be working on a lot of things all at once and that’s fun because you take notes, manage your time well, and have consistent follow-through.
- You pride yourself on your ability to be flexible. You know why a process works and when it’s not working, and you’re able to raise flags when needed for change.
- Working with remote teams across multiple time zones is easy for you. The world is a big place!
- You’ve got serious communication comfort. You’ll be talking to a lot of people all the time, and your ability to effectively communicate many points of view and opinions between teams is critical.
We'll really swoon if you are/have these:
- A technical curiosity to understand how things work.
- Familiarity working with the data and documentation needs of a team focused on feature adoption
- Experience working with new teams, instilling good habits, and developing great processes and practices.
- Experience with architecting programs and documentation of program architecture.
- You’re not afraid to add some personality into your working style.
What you'll love about us:
- Global impact. Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development.
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, Toronto, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees.
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy.
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan.
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events.
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit Grindr's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.