Senior Erlang Engineer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr is looking for a Senior Erlang/Elixir Engineer. The right person for this role will have a deep understanding of architecting for the cloud, the compassion and empathy required to pair with junior engineers, and the ability to share knowledge throughout the team. In addition, the ability to design robust systems that anticipate failures and prior experience in building durable systems is going to be key to success here.
If you love to see your code released and you don’t settle for anything less than continuous delivery, we want to speak with you!
This is a fast-paced, agile environment; our team is passionate about their projects, they are collaborative and believe in a work/life balance. Come join a team that is writing applications to make sure people stay connected. Given the size of our team, you will have a very influential role both technically and professionally.
- Oversee the design and development of macro architectures supporting the Grindr platform
- Work to ensure architectural coherence across the Grindr platform
- Help drive and support continued innovation at Grindr
- Prototype and benchmark new architectures
- Oversee a rigorous development process for proving the scalability and fault tolerance of the software components powering our growing Grindr platform
- Practice TDD principles at the sytem level
- Build with quality and integrity
- Ensure high availability of the Grindr platform through systems and infrastructure engineering
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of developing and maintaining concurrent non-blocking applications
- An understanding of transport protocols and message formats
- Direct experience with TDD and a strong understanding of Domain Driven Design
- Must have functional programming experience in Erlang/Elixir (Scala/Java a plus)
- Experience working on highly available systems at scale
- Experience with chaos testing and designing for failure
- Experience using AWS technologies such as EC2, RDS, Dynamo, and Elastic Beanstalk
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage for medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
LeagueApps, Arlington, VA
Software Engineer Intern
Data Modelling Engineer
Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior QA Consultant
Senior Software Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA