Senior iOS Developer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
Grindr is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to lead our in-house team. Our teams are small, Agile and highly collaborative; the Senior iOS Developer participates in all aspects of the product design cycle, (design, documentation, implementation, quality assurance, and delivery) meaning their role has significant influence both technically and professionally.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including architecture, design, documentation, implementation, quality assurance, and delivery
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other team members; pair programming regularly
- Participate in and contribute to code and architecture reviews
- Do Test-Driven Development (while other companies pay lip service to this, we actually do it)
- Build awesome mobile applications our users will continue to love
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, 3+ years of hands-on experience developing production apps on iPhone, iPad, iOS, etc
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C
- Knowledge of web services, specifically hands-on experience building REST APIs
- Hands on experience successfully architecting mobile apps designed to scale massively
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage for medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior UI Engineer - Globalization Technologies and Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer, Developer Tools
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Software Developer
Software Engineer - Collaborative Editing team
Senior Strategic Sales Engineer, East
Zuora, New York
Big Data Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States