What’s so interesting about this role?
Come spend the summer building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working on our iOS team, you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and participate in summer professional development workshops, all while contributing to a one-of-a-kind app.
Under the direction and mentorship of senior iOS engineers, you will collaborate closely with the Android team, Product Managers, and our QA team to build and maintain a fast, reliable, app. We deeply value ownership, empowerment, proactivity, data-driven decisions, and user focus.
What’s the job?
- Using Swift, XCode, RxSwift, Bitrise, Fastlane, Jenkins, and Github, you will be working with other iOS engineers to evolve and maintain the software architecture for current and future needs
- Assisting in the development of highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users
- Supporting projects and deeply understanding the why behind them
- Collaborating effectively across our engineering teams in North America and Taipei
What we'll love about you
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university as a rising senior or master's student
- Exposure to building iOS applications, ideally in Swift
- Exposure or interest in working with large iOS codebases and complex, high-performance apps
- Interest in learning software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM, Coordinator, one-way data flow, and modular architecture
- You have experience or interest in iOS app performance optimization & metrics
- You’re a strong problem solver and a fast learner
- You’re compassionate, collaborative, and deeply care for the people around you
- You’re mission-driven
- Natural curiosity with the tendency to think creatively and ask clarifying questions
What you'll love about us
- Global Impact: Grindr is the world leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world
- High Growth: Weekly professional development workshops catered to making you a better professional and opportunity to return in an intern or full time capacity
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and Taipei, though the company is set-up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first
- Comp: Competitive hourly rate
- Other Perks: Monthly WFH and meal stipends and much more
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit Grindr's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Tech Jobs For You
Regional Manager, Enterprise Customer Success (East)
Okta, Atlanta, GA; Knoxville, TN; Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC;...