What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is looking for a Digital Producer to further develop our ever-growing content portfolio with new projects that are as queer, iconic, and provocative as the Grindr app itself. As a Digital Producer, you’ll play a key role in engaging existing users and acquiring new users through innovative digital media creation, with an emphasis on video. As part of our marketing team, you’ll work in an inclusive, collaborative, and highly creative environment with a shared goal of consistently raising the bar for queer content.
The ideal candidate is a proven creative thinker with an eye for engaging digital-first content and deep knowledge of the queer media space. Projects will range from developing, producing, and editing video content to creating user acquisition campaigns, podcasts, and editorial. This is an opportunity to use the Grindr platform and its global reach to support queer creators, celebrate the LGBTQ+ community, and connect milliions of Grindr users around the world to the topics that matter to them most.
Thorough knowledge of contemporary queer and pop culture trends is essential, and a deep understanding of online video content, including deriving insights from analytics, is expected. Candidates with experience in videography will be preferred.
What’s the job?
- Create and manage video and other digital media content in line with Grindr’s brand guidelines
- Assist in developing and implementing ongoing content plans and calendars, including production and distribution timelines
- Work alongside the in-house creative team to initiate, ideate and execute new digital media content initiatives across all channels
- Manage logistical, creative, and administrative tasks for video and other digital media projects, including issuing documentation, coordinating pre- and post-production for video/photo, ensuring health and safety standards are met, assisting in processing payments, and so on
- Commission and onboard a roster of contributing videographers/photographers and other editorial freelancers
- Create monthly analytic reports summarizing content performance and opportunities
- Keep up with the latest trends in queer media and pop culture and identify how to utilize them in innovative ways
What we'll love about you
- 3+ years of experience creating video content with an emphasis on original and branded video
- Solid understanding of video production workflow
- Proven track record in a digital media or creative production role at a brand or publisher
- Thorough knowledge of digital content analytics and best practices
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and communication skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- Deep knowledge and interest in queer media
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams
- Ability to juggle the development and production of multiple simultaneous projects, coordinating with crew, talent, etc.
We’ll really swoon if you have
- A network of freelance directors, editors, and influencers to collaborate with on projects
- Strong knowledge of Adobe suites
- Experience with Frame.io
- Experience with motion graphics
- Have created viral content for a brand before
What you'll love about us
- Global impact. Grindr is the world leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and Taipei, though the company is set-up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set-up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all full-time employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit Grindr's website.
File hosting service