Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile start-up environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team. As the Senior Accountant, you will have direct responsibility for maintaining general ledger accounts, including preparing journal entries and reconciling month-end balances. You will be responsible for accounts receivable and revenue recognition, as well as maintaining and improving our processes. Strong analytical and communication skills are necessary to be successful in this position. You will have the opportunity to help build a world class Finance function marked with credibility, predictability, and scalability.
- Represent the Grindr Finance Team!
- Support the finance partnership with Sales Operations and other functional departments as necessary
- Contribute to implementation of best practices in billings processes and revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP
- Management of deferred revenue schedules and revenue recognition as part of the monthly close process
- Preparation of detailed revenue analysis and reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly /annual deliverables to support both internal and external reporting requirements
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the external annual audit process
- Assist with information gathering and analysis for various tax filing
- Ad hoc projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- Identify process improvements within finance/accounting and the wider business that could contribute to efficient and effective workflows, and work with other staff to design and implement actionable plans
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance or Accounting) required, CPA Preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Financial Analysis within a global company
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public accounting with a large regional or national firm
- Detailed working knowledge of GAAP required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple deliverables and build outstanding cross-functional partnerships
- Intermediate / Advanced MS Excel
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience in QuickBooks and/or NetSuite preferred.
- Experience in tech/media preferred, exposure to digital subscriptions and advertising is an advantage
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage for medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.