Group Nine is currently seeking a Media Analyst who will be a key member of the Revenue Operations Team and will be responsible for assisting in the company’s senior sales leadership with indepth data presentation as well as strategic analysis of our data sets and business.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly sales reports and KPIs for all relevant team and company metrics
- Recommend ways to improve sales performance by identifying inventory opportunities through analyses
- Lead ad hoc strategic projects for sales departments around the organization as needed through data and analytics
- Present data to provide insight into company, work function, departmental lift transactional growth for all elements of work throughput using any/all available data sources
- Prepare analytical and actionable data insights into defined strategies, visual representations and where necessary cohesive presentations for internal and external corporate presentations including senior executives and business partners
- Develop and manage process to report and analyze direct and indirect revenue sources and work to optimize programmatic levers to maximize revenue
- Enjoys marrying different data sets to tell a story and developing scorecards to track business progress and success
- Assemble monthly macro level views on ad inventory growth/loss (video/display) and also collect top line site level information
- Helped build and adapt CRM tools, dashboards and capabilities to grow with the business and industry
- Coordinate with finance and accounting teams on the recording of revenue/expenses vs. the budget/forecasts
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of work experience in analytical or comparable roles
- Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and analytics and other reporting systems - a must
- Familiarity with data visualization in powerpoint/keynote a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM reporting system a plus
- Familiarity with Publisher Media Business, Site analytics, AdServers a plus
- Effective communication at all levels and language/writing skills
- Independent thinker, motivated self-starter, and positive attitude
- Experience quickly shifting priorities and adapting to a changing, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding planning, attention to detail and organizational skills demonstrated in project management
- Financial modeling and other data modeling experience a plus
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Want to learn more about Group Nine Media? Visit Group Nine Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer (Power)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr. Director, Insights
Healthline Media, New York, NY
Summer Intern 2018, Product Marketing
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Data Engineer
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Senior Costing Analyst
Brooks Running, Vietnam, HCM City