Senior Paid Social Strategist
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media - New York, NY
what matters now.
Group Nine Media is currently seeking a Senior Paid Social Strategist to execute daily campaign delivery for our clients and advertisers. The role will report to the Director of Paid Strategy and will work with all Group Nine brands and teams, including editorial, advertising sales, media delivery, audience development, the Content Studio (The Brandshop at Group Nine), and sales marketing. He/she/they has complete knowledge of and passion for the social advertising and paid distribution landscape; is comfortable with social analytics, insight, and measurement; and is a proactive, enthusiastic self-starter.
- Manage and execute paid distribution of branded content (written, video, social) for advertising campaigns across the Group Nine portfolio of brands
- Execute campaigns across a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat Discover
- Execute client and agency-facing reporting and campaign insights requests on a regular and/or ad-hoc basis
- Execute creative and copy optimization (A/B tests) within paid social and for branded content
- Work with sales account management team to acquire client assets and coordinate campaign launches
- Work with delivery team to ensure full, on-time, and efficient delivery of advertising campaigns
- Work with billing team to accurately track what to bill clients on social campaigns
- Communication with external teams when necessary, including client or agency teams, social vendors, and partners
- Implement best practices for copy, creative, and audience targeting with oversight from Director of Paid Strategy
- 2-5 years professional experience working in social media or social analytics at a brand, publisher, agency, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of the existing paid social landscape and enthusiasm for discovering new, emerging platforms or capabilities that increase efficiencies and engagement
- Proven track record of managing and executing campaigns using native platform tools such as Facebook Ads Manager/Power Editor, Google AdWords, Twitter Ads
- Working knowledge of paid social tactics, bidding & optimization models, 3rd-party tracking, audience targeting, and ad formats
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to comfortably translate large data sets into actionable takeaways and insights
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with social analytics or insights platforms (ListenFirst, Hootsuite, or similar)
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (experience with client-facing communication a plus)
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Want to learn more about Group Nine Media? Visit Group Nine Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Strategist - Russia
Insider, Moscow, Russia
Growth Hacker for Mental Health Startup
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA
Global Support Ops Launcher
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Head of Solution Architects, North America
Cloudreach, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, NewYorkCity, Reston, Philadelphia
Senior Account Manager (m/w)