Stocking and Inventory Associate (Retail Stock Associate)
Guidepost Montessori, Hitchcock, Texas
Discover your capable, confident Montessori child
Do you have warehouse experience? Do you have experience in retail merchandising? Join our team that ships school materials across America! We are a growing team looking for people looking to support our new warehouse.
Guidepost Montessori is a leading company in our industry providing quality educational materials to schools and online learning platforms. We're now hiring an Inventory Associate (Retail Stock Associate) to help us keep growing. The newly opened Warehouse, which is located in Hitchock, TX, about 40 minutes south of Houston, supplies materials across the globe to Montessori schools and families. Stocking and Inventory Associates maintain the organization of the warehouse through detail orientation and following operational and safety procedures to ensure efficiency standards are met each day and report directly to the Warehouse Manager.
Stock associates spend the majority of their time in the warehouse arranging and overseeing inventory. A typical workweek is approximately 20- 35 hours, and shifts may vary from day to evening depending on needs and project fulfillment. The job requires moderate to heavy physical activity, as stock associates are required to stand, walk, and lift items throughout the majority of their shifts. Pay depends on experience and between $11-13 an hour. This position has the potential to turn to a full-time position for the right candidate! Full-time positions include health, vision, dental insurance options, 401K program, tax advantageous flexible spending accounts and a significant tuition discount.
Requirements and Knowledge:
- Possesses physical strength necessary to unload, lift, and carry heavy boxes.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Is familiar with inventory software.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exhibits familiarity with the range of a company’s products.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
- Exhibits familiarity with proper safety procedures in the warehouse.
- Previous stocking, inventory, or warehouse experience preferred
- High School degree or equivalent
- Work a rotating schedule that alternates between day and evening as needed
- Valid Drivers Licenses with a clean driving record
- Agree to and pass a background check
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance
Guidepost Montessori is a community of trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S., but around the globe!
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, we hope you apply today!
About Guidepost Montessori
Guidepost is a national network of Montessori schools where joyful, self-directed exploration leads to children who love to learn. When school focuses on what matters most, your child will truly thrive.
Want to learn more about Guidepost Montessori? Visit Guidepost Montessori's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.