Product Operations Lead
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto was built to partner with small businesses to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making the most complicated business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining payroll, benefits and HR for modern companies. Our nationwide reach means we get to make a direct impact on the businesses and their teams in ways no other company can.
Looking for an opportunity to transform a business? Gusto is looking for a strategic, customer-focused leader to champion our Voice of the Customer efforts and lead a team of Product Specialists to develop actionable insights by leveraging user feedback and key metrics to shape our product, service, and positively impact the customer journey.
You’ll be responsible for defining, building and delivering a best in class Voice of the Customer program for Gusto.
You and your team will be expected to know CX and the Voice of the Customer space intimately and define and communicate clear, differentiated, and transformational initiatives to measure customers’ feedback and translate it to actionable ideas. You’ll be customer-obsessed, strategic, detail-oriented, and highly creative.
This role requires a strong people leader, with a passion for building, developing, and transforming a team. It’s essential that you’re a leader that can build, develop, and lead teams that operate autonomously and effectively.
If you have the right combination of customer obsession, Voice of the Customer experience, business acumen, and leadership ability, and are interested in helping us to empower Gusto to perfect the customer experience, we’re looking for you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead a Product Operations team responsible for CX readiness for product launches and Voice of the Customer (VoC) strategy and tactics
- Be the subject matter expert when it comes to CX and VoC best practices
- Understand stakeholders’ business challenges and industry trends and consult on how our VoC program can help them achieve their objectives
- Implement best practices in market research and survey methodologies across a variety of use cases and industry verticals
- Define a best-in-class VoC measurement and strategy for the Global Servicing Network
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that will improve the VOC program across the company
- Shape and support product development for existing customers across the product lifecycle, in collaboration with Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Experience teams
- Understand our product in intimate detail, including both internal and external pain points and feature requests, and work with Customer Experience teams to curate a prioritized feature backlog.
- Facilitate product launch between product and customer experience teams; including designing and implementing service delivery models for new products. Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver insights and support internal communication of product changes to Customer Experience
- Use VoC to inform our efforts to align and prioritize improvement opportunities with our product and service offering
- Gather, gauge, and understand product performance data, identify problems and opportunities for improvement, and deliver insights to key Product stakeholders.
More about you
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in product operations, product specialist, or a similar role partnering with Product; as well as front-line customer service experience
- 5+ years experience leading a team
- Demonstrated success leading project management teams and managing complex cross-functional projects.
- An aptitude for solving unstructured problems and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with an eye for details
- Experience in Voice of the Customer/Customer Advocacy Programs
- Strong analytical mindset to collect and interpret data to solve problems and influence critical decisions
- Executive written and verbal communication; ability to tailor written content to different audiences to effectively influence and bring key stakeholders across functions together
- A passion for helping small business owners, a strong sense of product and customer experience
And it’s admired, but not required if you have:
- Experience with data definitions and requirements
- SQL and other analytical skills
- Change or program management training
More about our team
Our Product and Partnership Insights & Operations team is staffed with committed, bright, dedicated people helping our unite great service and technology for delivering a best in class customer experience. We are champions for the customer and their voice. The team is a part of our broader Insights & Operations team, which partners with our business leaders across Marketing, Sales, & Customer Experience, and Product.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist - Product
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Quality Control & Packaging Operator
Fictiv, San Francisco, CA
Associate Director, Clinical Data Management
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA USA
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Quality Assurance Specialist
Splash, New York, NY
Digital Program Manager