Product Management: Benefits
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is on a mission to transform the way small businesses offer health insurance to their employees. There are countless exciting opportunities for innovation in this space and we are seeking creative, passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to join our small product team.
In this role, you'll drive the growth of Gusto’s benefits offerings to more customers, products and geographies, streamline the benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build Gusto’s health insurance platform that makes benefits with Gusto revolutionary. By synthesizing ideas from customer research, MVP design and iteration, design sprints, engineering, and QA, you’ll be able to launch impactful features that elevate the health insurance experience of small businesses and their employees.
To help you accomplish this, we'll offer you the perfect environment to execute on your vision, including an incredible team to help you every step of the way. We expect continual product innovation and we're always focused on delighting our customers with every new release.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be an owner of features and products, end to end
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Bridge the technical and business worlds by collaborating with design, engineering, marketing, and support teams
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Have 4+ years of product management experience
- Have a proven track record of complex product launches
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate
- Be organized and advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Pay great attention to detail. "Pixel perfect isn't an ideal, it is a requirement"
- Be sincerely empathetic and kind
Bonus points if you have:
- Healthcare or health insurance product management experience
- Small business product management experience
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.