We are seeking folks who are passionate about resolving tax notice support cases while delivering a world-class customer experience. You'll act as a detective and problem-solver discovering payroll discrepancies, researching tax laws and identifying the root cause of cases. You will be working closely with tax agencies to reach the best outcome for our customers as well as our product team to build tools that streamline the resolution process and prevent similar cases in the future. This is an amazing opportunity to use your payroll expertise to reshape the way our clients view payroll!
Our Customer Engagement team is at the core of our business and our spectacular Tax Resolution team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. It’s a small, tight, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Research and resolve complex cases such as amendments and tax notices
- Work cross-functionally with our Care Advocate and Tax Operations teams
- Interact with government agencies to represent Gusto, advocate for our customers, and resolve complex tax cases
- Build lasting relationships with key stakeholders at local, state, and federal tax agencies
- Provide exceptional service to our customers
- Articulate future compliance requirements to our product team
Here’s what we're looking for in Gusties:
- Minimum 2 year of payroll experience. Payroll tax background or FPC is a plus!
- Great at detective work and problem-solving, with a keen eye for details
- Extremely organized and able to improve processes
- Learns quickly and adapts to a changing environment
- Can build relationships, influence, and negotiate better than most people you know
- Can communicate complex topics in a simple, digestible way
- Love putting a smile on our customers’ faces
This is a contract-to-hire position with a standard 6-month contract duration and opportunity to convert to full-time employment based on business need and performance. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Project Manager
Bishop Fox, Phoenix, AZ
Indigo Partners Hub Manager
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles
Manager, Insurance Product
Oscar, New York
Accounts Receivable - Melbourne, Australia
Specialized, Melbourne, Australia
Account Executive, Mid-Market (DACH)