Senior Data Analyst (Business Intelligence)
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
At Gusto our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. The Data Analytics team takes this to heart and empowers Gusto to do the greatest work of their lives by providing the data and tools to make this possible. Data Analytics is part of the Finance & Business Operations Team and provides an analytical partnership to business owners to make data-informed decisions, provide easy access to data, and guide strategic decision making.
Are you passionate about using data analytics to understand how people interact with products? We are looking for people who get excited about growth opportunities to help drive customer experience, acquisition, and engagement. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for key members for our growing Data & Analytics team to join the Gusto family. You will be helping to shape the way Gusto consumes data and makes strategic decisions to build a great company. #ItsAMarathonNotASprint #UseDataWithGusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps business teams discover insights and increase understanding
- Provide analysis on customer segmentation to drive performance indicators against forecasts and budgets
- Analyze cross channel data, external data, and customer segments to pinpoint opportunities to increase revenue and margin
- Build & maintain data visualizations that empower decision making for the BizOps team using Tableau/Looker (finance, accounting, legal, data analytics)
- Train and educate co-workers on SQL, data visualization tools, and contribute to Gusto’s data informed culture
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources (customer acquisition and experience)
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision makers to drive impact
- Share a creative approach in developing actionable analysis and guidance
- Knowledge of relational databases (Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Confident with R in addition to a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.) to build statistical models and ETLs
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Time Inc. Summer Internship Program
Time Inc., Multiple Locations
Analyst, Business Development
AppLovin, Seoul, Korea
Associate Director, Corporate Strategy
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Manager of College & University Relations/Strategic Development
LimeBike, Multiple Locations
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Business Development Representative - Philippines
Ematic Solutions, Makati, Manila, Philippines