Finance, BizOps & Strategy
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for a fast growing SaaS company? Want to work on high impact analysis and gain operational experience collaborating across all functional teams within a startup?
Then you should come join Gusto's Finance, Business Operations & Strategy (aka FBOS) group based in San Francisco! As part of this team, you will help support forecasting, planning and resource allocation broadly across the company in a high impact, high responsibility role. People are the foundation of Gusto and we hope you'll considering helping us build this innovative, rapidly-growing, mission-driven startup together.
Expected start date on April 2, April 16, May 7, or May 21 2018.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Business Analytics. Partner with team leads to help make financially sound, operationally efficient decisions on growth programs, pricing structures, product expansion and other high priority projects.
- Forecasting & Budgeting. Work with senior executives across functional groups to plan and measure how resources are deployed, both at the company and department level. Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives.
- Corporate Strategy & Finance. Help guide Gusto's strategic direction with solid business modeling and decision analysis. Develop financing strategies, monitor market conditions and help execute fundraising as needed.
- Investor Reporting. Coordinate the flow of information to ensure investors are knowledgeable and equipped to contribute to Gusto's growth.
- Systems / Process Building. Help continuously improve reporting frameworks, tools and processes to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data company wide.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 4+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity, with operational SaaS experience a major plus, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an excel ninja with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment. SQL experience a plus.
- Soft skills. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality.
- Discipline. You have impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Client Relationship Lead
Quartet, San Francisco, CA
Account Director, Special Accounts
LiveRamp, New York City, NY
Senior SEA Consultant
Business Intelligence Internship (Partner Management)
foodora Germany, Berlin
Business Development and Channel Manager - Japan
Elastic, Tokyo, Japan
Business Development Executive - Ho Chi Minh
Lalamove, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam