Head of Product Marketing
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is seeking an innovative product marketing leader. As part of Gusto’s leadership team, you’ll deeply understand our current and future customers. As the advocate for what will reach and serve them, you’ll influence product strategy and own the way we bring products to our customers, combining research, segmentation, positioning, messaging, and marketing and sales strategies to maximize customer value and Gusto’s growth.
You and your team will positively change the way modern businesses and their employees interact with payroll, benefits, compliance, and HR. You will drive the positioning and messaging that will leverage our unique differentiation and superior customer experience to break through to new target audiences. You’ll build a continuously improving practice connecting Product to Marketing to Sales to ensure we maximize our growth potential. You will be among thought leaders in disrupting traditional incumbents to serve well-deserving customers.
If you are a strategic customer advocate with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to serve and to grow, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead, mentor, and empower the Product Marketing team
- Own customer segmentation research and strategy
- Own competitive and product positioning and messaging
- Influence product strategy, prioritization, and planning
- Serve as the connective tissue for our business strategy between Product, Marketing, and Sales
- Enable Product, Marketing, and Sales to attract and serve our customers through product education, training enablement, and collateral development
- Help us answer big questions about pricing, packaging, and product investment
- Help our executive team answer big questions about business, product, and customer strategy
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment
- An expert with 8+ years of product marketing experience, ideally with experience bringing a multi-option SaaS product to a consumer or SMB market
- Prior experience leading and scaling a team
- An influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- A product mindset or track record earning the respect of product teams
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Exquisite communication and influence capabilities
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus)
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategy and Content MBA Intern - PS Vue
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Intersection, New York
Business Development Manager
Yoyo Wallet, London
Social Media Coordinator - CEE
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Greece
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Sr. Node JS Developer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA