Head of Product, Payroll & Growth
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is on a mission to create a world where work empowers a better life. We believe that people are the most important part of every business and we aim to help businesses build great places to work, where people thrive together. We're growing our product team and are looking for exceptional product folks to join us, as we scale quickly and serve tens of thousands of businesses nationwide.
We’re seeking an experienced product leader to head the Payroll-First Group, which includes Gusto’s Payroll and Growth teams. Payroll-first addresses businesses who want to use Gusto for payroll initially, and later potentially expand to more offerings such as Benefits and HR. As part of Gusto’s product leadership team, you will co-lead Gusto’s product strategy and roadmap, you will hire and grow our product teams, and build the future of work for millions of businesses and their employees. To help you accomplish this, we'll offer you the perfect environment to execute on your vision, including an incredible team to help you every step of the way.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gusto’s Payroll-First group (Growth and Payroll Product teams): Recruit, hire, and empower multiple teams of PMs and generalists who are responsible for driving our core business
- Develop and own product roadmaps for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, designers and marketers, and build a product people absolutely love
- Partner directly with CTO, COO, CPO and CEO to drive our business, identify new opportunities for Gusto and drive long-term organizational change
- Develop a product strategy that bridges the technical and business worlds, balancing the short-term and the long-term, and inspire strong cross-functional collaboration across design, engineering, marketing, sales, and support teams
- Develop and evolve the practice of product management at Gusto
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of product management experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on experience as a PM
- 5 years in management of product teams, including experience managing managers
- Grit, willingness to roll up your sleeves and be a hands-on help to your team
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and creativity
- Proven track record of building products that users love
- Passionate about our mission and obsessed with answering our customers’ needs
- Ideally, experience building and leading SaaS businesses end-to-end (growth, product, service KPIs)
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Messaging
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Director of Product
XO Group, New York
Powertrain/Thermal Embedded Software Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Mobile Product Manager
Badoo, London, UK
Product Manager, Customer Relationship Management
Product Manager, Data and Analytics
Factual, Los Angeles