Security Operations Engineer
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering small business employers to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, and HR by automating the most complicated and impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll for hundreds of thousands of employees. Additionally, our clients trust us with personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including customers’ SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and health related information. Protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Take lead on threat hunting, IOC (indicators of compromise) analysis, and incident response
- Help implement and fine-tune our security tools, such as endpoint protection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, and cloud security monitoring
- Work closely with our MSSPs to address the most severe security alerts and incidents, including full cycle of detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and post-mortem improvement
- Use software to automate enforcement of security policies across the entire Gusto organization
- Develop and lead training across our San Francisco and Denver offices on common security pitfalls, like phishing, social engineering, and general security awareness
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years in a security analysis or operations role
- Experience with incident response, either in-house or through an outsourced service provider
- Ability to partner closely with cross-functional internal stakeholders, like IT, compliance, HR, and legal teams
- Someone who is always thinking about attack vectors in which PII and PHI can be compromised
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with scripting languages
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Singapore
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Nortal, Lithuania, Vilnius
(Senior) Software Engineer - Search, Learning & Intelligence
Slack, New York City
Senior Data Scientist
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA