Senior Data Scientist
Gusto, San Francisco
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is looking for an experienced data scientist skilled at building and deploying enterprise-grade predictive models to support and accelerate customer growth.
In this role you will develop and own the core predictive models used by our Marketing, Sales and Growth Product teams to support our growth objectives. As a core member of a small and impactful Data Science team, you will also be a core contributor to developing our data science tools and practices from the ground up!
The Data Science team leverages Gusto’s data to deliver data-informed insights for our customers and guide product direction and decision-making. We operate full-stack, conducting analyses, prototyping and deploying predictive models and statistical tools both for internal use and for our customers.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build and deploy models that can be used for forecasting, optimization and targeting, in areas such as:
- Predicting lead and customer value (conversion, churn, lifetime, etc.)
- Targeting upsell of additional products and product tiers both in-app and through marketing and sales efforts
- Helping our product fulfillment teams onboard new customers faster and more efficiently
- Enhance and contribute to the team’s core analysis and modeling systems and libraries
- Present and communicate results to stakeholders across the company
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data to improve Gusto’s products and help our business
Here’s what we're looking for:
- At least 5 years experience conducting statistical analyses on large datasets, ideally in a business context (can supplement with academic experience where appropriate)
- Experience applying a variety of statistical and modeling techniques using Python, R or another statistical modeling language, as indicated by familiarity with many of the following techniques - generalized linear modeling, regularization, ensemble models (e.g., random forest, gradient boosting), Bayesian analysis methods
- Strong programming skills - comfortable with all phases of the data science development process, from initial analysis and model development all the way through to deployment
- Excellent communication skills - able to effectively deliver findings and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and compelling fashion
- PhD or Masters plus equivalent experience in a quantitative field
- Experience applying predictive modeling to growth problems is a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Product Manager
Onapsis, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Product Manager (DC, SF, NYC)
Nava, Washington, DC
Director of Product, Slack Platform
Slack, San Francisco
Communications Manager (Investor Product)
Product Designer - Content Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Product Manager
Thrive Market, Los Angeles, CA