Gusto is looking for an experienced Art Director to join Brand Studio, a cross-disciplinary team of designers, illustrators, writers, and producers.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About Brand Studio
Our charter is to build a category-defining brand and ship creative that resonates with our customers.
Your role will be to lead creative projects as well as inspire and manage a team of designers. This is a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with the creative director, marketing leaders, product teams, and your Brand Studio team to ship effective projects and campaigns. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with our internal partners across marketing, product, and beyond to shape the strategy, ideation, and execution of world-class creative
- Hire, mentor and guide creatives on day-to-day projects as well as career paths and goals
- Lead the ideation, art direction, and design of projects from start to finish
- Represent the Brand Studio team to internal stakeholders, and provide input that will shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Gusto brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders
- Provide feedback and art direction to external creative agencies and vendors
- Get hands-on with projects when necessary to drive projects forward
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years design/art direction experience
- 3+ years direct management experience
- Experience art directing photography and video
- Experience leading medium to large-sized projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Experience designing for web, email, offline media, and video
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $123,000-$152,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $145,000-$180,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.