Engineering Manager, Embedded Payroll
Gusto, Denver, CO, United States, New York, New York, United States, Remote - British Columbia, Remote - Ontario, Remote - United States, San Francisco, CA, United States
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Our Embedded Payroll product is our newest initiative at Gusto. Our mission is to enable any developer to build and service payroll from their application and we achieve this by building out APIs, UI components, developer toolkits, and integration experiences. We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Leader to empower a team of diverse engineering talents and help set the technical and organizational foundation for the initiative.
Gusto's Embedded Payroll team operates like a startup within the larger Gusto organization with our own sales, marketing, support, and technical teams. We're looking to not just build a product, but build a thriving company within Gusto.
You'd be a great fit for the team if you're passionate about empowering developers through powerful APIs and enjoy bringing initiatives from zero to one.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Hire, lead and grow a team of diverse engineering talent
- Build and foster an inclusive, collaborative and high performance culture
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to define problem spaces and lead complex technical projects from initial planning, execution, to final delivery
- Work closely with leadership and cross functional partner teams to help set priorities for both short term and long term roadmaps.
- Manage processes and create a culture that enables the team to do its best work
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Gusto’s engineering management team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on programming experience
- 2+ years of engineering people management experience
- Experience in empowering and nurturing technical teams and engineers
- Experience in leading large scope cross-functional projects and drive business growth
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers.
- Experience with building API products preferred but not required.
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $160,000-$216,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $200,000-$256,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Want to learn more about Gusto? Visit Gusto's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.