Founded in 2012, Gwynnie Bee offers an unlimited-access clothing subscription service that utilizes innovative technology to transform the lives and wardrobes of women. Fueled by data, we challenge fashion’s status quo with our revolutionary subscription model that allows women to access and experience endless clothing styles without limitations or commitment.
In 2017, Gwynnie Bee launched “CaaStle,” a new technology platform enabling retailers to offer an unlimited-access clothing subscription service business to complement existing business models. As an extension of Gwynnie Bee, CaaStle offers a turnkey solution to retailers.
Comprised of offices in New York City, Mountain View, New Delhi, Bangalore, and two distribution centers located in Groveport and Phoenix, at Gwynnie Bee you'll discover a data- centric team that thrives on collaboration, camaraderie, and productive feedback.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer with expertise in building scalable, extensible applications, identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks, collaborate with other team members to innovate current/new products; Identify, communicate and implement best practices for application engineering. Our engineering process is fully agile and has a really fast release cycles - which keeps our environment very energetic and fun.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, Design and build scalable applications.
- Work with Product Management teams to get maximum value out of existing data.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements software system.
- Ensure high scalability and performance
- You will advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performing code; define and follow standards and best practices for front-end development.
- Ability to deliver great results in an agile development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We’d love for you to have:
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience as a backend developer is required
- Education: B.Tech. in Computer Science from tier - 1 engineering colleges in India
- A self-starter who is passionate about problem solving across complex technology stack.
- Highly skilled back-end engineer using Object-Oriented programming preferably Java, exposure to open source libraries and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge and experience in REST based programming using Restlet framework.
- Ability and experience in evaluation and integration of third party systems and libraries.
- Experience in writing system architecture, data structures, algorithm design and their optimization.
- Passion for performance benchmarking and debugging.
- Strong knowledge of web standards (i.e. REST/SOAP) concepts
- Knowledge of version control (GIT) and databases (MySQL)
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multiple location organization).
- Experience in Test-driven development.
Even if you don’t meet all of these qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
Gwynnie Bee is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Gwynnie Bee to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine