Launched in 2012, Gwynnie Bee offers an unlimited-access clothing subscription service that utilizes innovative technology to transform the lives and wardrobes of women. Fueled by data, we challenge fashion’s status quo with our revolutionary subscription model that allows women to access and experience endless clothing styles without limitations or commitment.
In 2017, Gwynnie Bee launched “CaaStle,” a new technology platform enabling retailers to offer an unlimited-access clothing subscription service business to complement existing business models. As an extension of Gwynnie Bee, CaaStle offers a turnkey solution to retailers.
Comprised of offices in New York City, Mountain View, New Delhi, Bangalore, and two distribution centers located in Groveport and Phoenix, at Gwynnie Bee you'll discover a data- centric team that thrives on collaboration, camaraderie, and productive feedback.
About the role:
You’ll be part of a core team that is responsible for research, design and implementation of new features that will delight our users. You’ll help decide what our products look like and how they behave, working alongside stakeholders who are eager to understand design choices. You’ll conduct and process user research, catalog and present user insights and develop UX/UI solutions across our web, iOS, and Android platforms, contributing to and collaboratively shaping a living design system.
What you'll do:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating complex user stories and research insights into ideas, polished designs, and shipped products
- Deeply understand design problems before moving to solution development
- Turn complex design problems into elegant user experiences
- Deliver User Experience visions, UI specs, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, and stakeholders
- Communicate strong points of view, backed by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Integrate data driven design with customer oriented design using concept framework methodologies
We'd love for you to have:
- Experience: 4-6 years of UX design experience
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Creative problem solving approach with a positive attitude
- Passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovation
- Experience driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Strong ability to think across disciplines, from full product experience, to UI interaction, to beautiful, precise VisD
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts, such as storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- A stunning online portfolio
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (e.g. CSS, HTML 5) and their impact on design solutions
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, and iconography
Even if you don’t meet all of these qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
To be considered, please include your portfolio link in the application.
Gwynnie Bee is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Gwynnie Bee to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine