About the role:
In this hands-on role, the Lead Copywriter will help shape the Gwynnie Bee brand voice, and will drive the work of the in-house copy team. You will lead by example, producing exceptional copy across multiple disciplines, including Brand, Marketing, Acquisition, Retention, SEO, UX/UI, and Product Copywriting. You will champion the highest levels of craft, and will inspire the team to consistently create best-in-class work.
What you'll do:
- Strategic, big picture thinking is key. Strive to understand Gwynnie Bee’s marketing objectives, business goals, and metrics/measurements of success. Participate in tactical meetings and contribute copy ideas and strategies that will help the drive the brand’s success.
- Assist Creative Director with strategic development of the GB brand voice. Expand copy guidelines accordingly.
- Write short, medium, and long-form copy for internal and external presentations, website landing pages, and marketing campaigns (i.e. direct response, email, push, etc.)
- Well-versed in SEO/SEM best practices and ability to craft compelling, functional copy/content. Audit and optimize the existing SEO copy strategy.
- Experience writing functional copy for UX/UI. Collaborate with Product teams to write copy for web and mobile interfaces that create user-friendly experiences. Collaborate on AB testing processes as needed.
- Leadership and mentoring of in-house copy team. Day-to-day review of copy-related deliverables.
- Develop systems and processes for managing/maintaining the copy workflow.
- Strong copy editing, proofreading, and presentation skills.
- Experience collaborating with Graphic Designers, Marketing, and Product teams.
We'd love for you to have:
- Experience: 5-8 years
- Must have 5-8 years of professional copywriting experience working across a variety of environments, from editorial to e-commerce to digital product. Experience working in a women’s fashion environment is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Advertising, or related discipline.
- A portfolio of relevant work samples that includes a variety of the following: Long and short form brand and content writing samples; emails; online marketing; writing for websites, landing pages, blogs, and social media; e-commerce product copy; writing for UI, customer service, and SEO. Please provide a link to your website, or a PDF.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- A passion for problem-solving. You are inspired by difficult challenges and are motivated to work independently and strategically to solve them.
Even if you don’t meet all of these qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
Gwynnie Bee is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Gwynnie Bee to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine