Founded in 2012, Gwynnie Bee offers an unlimited-access clothing subscription service that utilizes innovative technology to transform the lives and wardrobes of women. Fueled by data, we challenge fashion’s status quo with our revolutionary subscription model that allows women to access and experience endless clothing styles without limitations or commitment.
In 2017, Gwynnie Bee launched “CaaStle,” a new technology platform enabling retailers to offer an unlimited-access clothing subscription service business to complement existing business models. As an extension of Gwynnie Bee, CaaStle offers a turnkey solution to retailers.
Comprised of offices in New York City, Mountain View, New Delhi, Bangalore, and two distribution centers located in Groveport and Phoenix, at Gwynnie Bee you'll discover a data- centric team that thrives on collaboration, camaraderie, and productive feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implementation of scalable and complex data ingestion for our HDFS-based BI system.
- Near real-time HDFS updates from a host of varied data sources.
- Next-gen data storage solutions.
- Active participation in design and code reviews.
- Production deployment and monitoring.
- Working with Product Management teams to get maximum value out of existing data.
- Contribution to continual improvement in product quality and performance.
- Promotion of adherence to coding standards and practices
- Good documentation is part of any software development environment.
We’d love for you to have:
- Experience: 3-5 years on intense Database/Data Warehousing projects
- Education: Master’s Degree Computer Science or Engineering, from a Tier-1 University or College. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s in Computer Science with additional relevant experience
- Strong experience in Java Development.
- Strong experience with Database and Data Warehousing technologies.
- Strong experience in ETL technologies and products (e.g. Cascading, Informatica)
- Passion for Data-related technologies
- Good familiarity with HDFS environments.
- Exposure to open source libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multi-location organization).
- Experience in Test-driven development.
- Strong verbal and written (technical) communication.
- Ability and experience in evaluation and integration of third-party systems and libraries.
- Experience in system architecture, data structures, algorithm design and their optimization.
- Passion for performance benchmarking and debugging.
- Strong knowledge and experience in REST based programming using Restlet framework.
Even if you don’t meet all of these qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about your unique qualifications in your cover letter.
Gwynnie Bee is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Gwynnie Bee to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine
Want to learn more about Gwynnie Bee? Visit Gwynnie Bee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Tinder, Los Angeles and Palo Alto
Sr. Software Engineer, Compute
Box, Redwood City, CA
Junior Software Developer (m/w/d)
Backend Engineering Manager
CircleCI, Anywhere from UTC-8 to UTC+1
Sr. Manager, Quality Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Senior Manager of Safety and Enforcement