About Gwynnie Bee:
Gwynnie Bee is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women’s clothing. Gwynnie Bee allows women to expand and extend their existing closets with new designers, prints, styles that they may have never tried before Gwynnie Bee. We aim to help women change their relationship to shopping and fashion by allowing them to experience Clothing without Commitment. We are headquartered in NYC, with offices in Palo Alto, New Delhi and Bangalore.
Job Description: Principal Engineer 10-12 years
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal engineer/Tech Lead with expertise in building scalable, extensible applications, identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks, collaborate with other team members to innovate current/new products; Identify, communicate and implement best practices for application engineering. Our engineering process is fully agile, and has a really fast release cycles - which keeps our environment very energetic and fun.
What we are looking for:
• A self-starter who is passionate about problem solving across complex technology stack.
• Highly skilled back-end engineer using Object-Oriented programming preferably Java, exposure to open source libraries and frameworks.
• Strong knowledge and experience in REST based programming using RestLet framework.
• Deep expertise in one of middleware (messaging, Caches etc.) or back-end technologies
• Ability and experience in evaluation of third party systems that are in the consideration set for integration with our systems.
• Experience in writing system architecture, data structures, algorithm design and their optimization.
• Passion for performance benchmarking and debugging.
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly articulate decisions, design direction, technology choices etc.
• Strong knowledge of web standards (i.e. REST/SOAP) concepts
• Experience in data sciences and big data technologies, such as Hadoop, spark, and NoSQL
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multiple location organization).
• Experience in Test-driven development.
What you will be doing:
• Architect, Design and build scalable applications.
• Work with Product Management teams to get maximum value out of existing data.
• As a Lead you will be additionally responsible for planning and timelines of all projects in your domain
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements software system.
• Ensure high scalability and performance
• You will advocate for good, clean, well documented and performing code; follow standards and best practices for front-end development.
• Ability to deliver great results in an agile development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
• B.Tech. in Computer Science from top engineering colleges in India
• At least 10 years recent experience of working in a high data volume analytics system.
Work Location - Bangalore
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine
Want to learn more about Gwynnie Bee? Visit Gwynnie Bee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Zype, Buenos Aires, Argentina
iOS Engineering Manager
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Wizeline, Guadalajara, Mexico
Senior Analytics Engineer - Original Content Promotion
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Professional Services Sales Executive (San Francisco, CA)
Okta, San Francisco, CA