Interested in disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? Intrigued by the opportunity to bring the sharing economy to fashion? Passionate about working with highly skilled designers and engineers to build a world class consumer facing experience that uses technology to change people’s relationship to clothing? If yes, then Gwynnie Bee is looking for a seasoned Product Leader to evolve our storefront experience.
Launched in 2012 by serial entrepreneur Christine Hunsicker, Gwynnie Bee has been quietly disrupting the apparel industry through a revolutionary subscription service that’s now ready for prime time. We are a fast-growing company that seeks to bring the sharing economy to clothing and empower women to feel great and have fun with fashion. It is a unique business model that our customers have come to love and even take for granted as they go about their daily wardrobe routine.
In 2017, Gwynnie Bee launched “CaaStle,” a new technology platform and turnkey solution that enables brands to offer a subscription service business of their own to complement their existing retail business models. So far we have already seen big fashion brands like Ann Taylor and NY&Co join the platform and validate the superior economics that the subscription model brings in.
What we are looking for
A leader with proven product leadership skills that can define the vision for our mobile apps, formulate a strategy based on that vision and execute on that strategy to deliver impact to our members. Our iOS and Android apps are where our members are increasingly spending most of their time in. The opportunity to reimagine the app experience if needed and deliver impact is huge.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the executive team and leaders across the company to help define the vision and strategy for Gwynnie Bee’s iOS and Android apps
- Lead and develop product roadmaps that outlines how Gwynnie Bee can leverage its increasingly biggest avenue of member engagement
- Work with other Product Leaders to understand how elements of the overall Gwynnie Bee experience can be brought together seamlessly into the app
- Manage and inspire a high-performing team to deliver an intuitive and game changing consumer experience as we look to bridge the gap between the customer’s digital and physical experiences
- Align key stakeholders like Operations, Merchandizing and Customer Service on both the strategic vision and tactical roadmaps
- Ability to prioritize quickly and effectively with less than perfect information.
- Collaborative leadership style and ability to coach team on PM best practices like roadmap development, concept validation and requirements definition
- Demonstrated ability in using data to identify opportunities, formulate persuasive business cases and make solid decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a highly skilled development team
- Attention to detail and good judgment for when something is “consumer-ready”
- Knowledge of current practices in user-centered design, web and mobile technology
- Expertise in Agile development framework
- 10+ years experience in product & technology management
- Experience in launching iOS and Android app functionality a strong plus
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in a consumer facing product role is a strong plus
- Prior experience in a consumer online service, retail or other e-commerce industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
About Gwynnie Bee
WELCOME TO GWYNNIE BEE & YOUR NEW CLOSET More than five years ago, a few of us came together on a mission to create an exciting new service that helps women discover, experience, and enjoy great clothing without limitations. We believe that fashion has the ability to transform your sense of self–to make you look stunning and feel just as amazing. When I was a little girl growing up in rural Pennsylvania, my aunt made all of my clothing for me. Every Monday I had a fresh box of clothes for the week. Bright prints, matching separates, trendy styles—you name it, I wore it! They always fit and made me feel confident even as I was changing size. Traditional shopping means considering all the limiting factors—how often you will wear each garment, whether it will match your wardrobe or go out of style, and the stress of finding the right fit when you change a size. We hope to deliver all the great things that fashion has to offer, without all the stress. Welcome to the Gwynnie Bee family. With Love, Christine