Senior Product Marketing Manager(Employer Products)
Handshake, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA: Seattle, WA
Handshake is helping to democratize opportunity
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead the messaging, positioning, and marketing plan for key enterprise products, most especially the Skills Marketplace. You will partner with the Product Management teams for these products to define the naming, messaging, positioning, marketing strategy and metrics that best evaluate our market-fit and overall effectiveness. You will be responsible for engaging other marketing teams and partners to help implement these go-to-market plans.
Product Marketing at Handshake is responsible for product messaging and positioning, customer segmentation, competitive positioning, driving research to inform product improvements and roadmap direction, and working with other teams in sales and marketing to plan awareness, acquisition, and retention initiatives to meet product and sales goals.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you will report to the Director, Employer Product Marketing. In this role you’ll work with cross-functional teams to define, position, message and meet product goals. You will deliver a regular drumbeat of research, messaging, insights and claims to support the effective promotion and positioning of products. You will also help guide the product strategy by critically thinking through the customer experience, value proposition and messaging. You will work very closely with Product and other cross-functional teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Enablement, and other internal Marketing teams to deliver a quality customer journey and impactful results.
We’re a high energy team with a passion for creating, collaborating, and storytelling. We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader who effortlessly blends strategy with execution, thrives in fast-paced environments, and finds a learning opportunity in every situation. We are eager to find someone who loves writing, editing, and wordsmithing. We need someone who is also passionate about performance analytics that demonstrate clear ROI for our wonderful customers.
- Full-stack product marketing; Inbound strategy to inform the product experience and outbound strategy to drive awareness, acquisition, and retention (holistic GTM plan).
- Be the voice of the customer back to product management and marketing - bringing in insights from direct client interactions, conferences, events, as well as deep customer and competitive research and analysis.
- Work closely with Product Management and Employer Marketing to optimize the customer experience - continuously test, refine and optimize the client experience and drive back recommendations to Product Management and Marketing.
- Be the products’ subject matter expert so that other marketing teams can ideate and create blogs, landing pages, webinars, events, and other demand generation vehicles that effectively promote the products.
- Support demand generation programs and employer marketing programs with product information (messaging, product features and capabilities) designed to increase market and revenue share including latest messaging, competitive positioning, roadmap details.
- Collaborate with other product marketers, designers, data scientists and industry experts to produce relevant insights and claims that help support effective solution selling to employer audiences across strategic accounts, enterprise accounts, and mid-market accounts.
- Work with Product teams to better inform product and pricing/packaging plans.
- Inspire and support a small but growing team of product marketing managers.
- Advocate for resources and serve as an evangelist for the customer within and outside of Handshake.
- 6+ years professional experience with proven track record in product marketing and developing highly effective product positioning, messaging, and marketing online content (holistic GTM planning and execution).
- B2B enterprise product marketing experience.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels and functions of the organization, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales.
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories for c-level audiences. Evidence of being able to quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the market, the target audience and product and using all of the above to inform and create long-form and short-form assets for enablement and end users.
- Experience creating effective assets and thinking outside the box with video and interactive asset formats and demos
- Polished and compelling writing style (revel in the power of words and language)
- Data-driven and goal-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills across multiple types of data from marketing / financial data to product data. You’re comfortable with dashboards and spreadsheets to find insight.
- Ability to break down ambiguous/complex problems, create discrete workstreams, and deliver a cohesive recommendation.
- Extremely strong written (storytelling) and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver simple and actionable analysis.
- Proven experience developing influential customer-facing messaging and content that drives action.
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker.
- Optimistic, low-ego, can-do attitude. Eager to do great work and have fun doing it.
- Background in experience design, user research and testing is a plus.
- Background in HR Tech is a plus.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. Earlier this year, we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally. So, whether you live on the coasts, the midwest, or overseas, chances are we have a hub near you offering the best of both worlds.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Summer and Winter #ShakeBreak, two one-week periods of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
How we got started Handshake was started in 2014 by Garrett Lord, Scott Ringwelski and Ben Christensen - three students from Michigan Tech, an engineering school in the far reaches of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Surrounded by more than 200 inches of annual snowfall and an eight-hour drive from Chicago or Detroit, Michigan Tech doesn’t see many recruiters from outside of the Midwest. Garrett was particularly frustrated about the difficulty Michigan Tech engineering students faced in getting in the door at top tech companies. So after hustling nonstop to get a Silicon Valley internship of his own, he took matters into his own hands and started brokering intros for his classmates to Bay Area companies. He earned $60k in referral bonuses in less than a year, and paid his way through college. Encouraged by the impact one person could make at one campus, Garrett, Scott, and Ben bought an old car and drove to college campuses across the country. They learned that students, employers and career centers were all frustrated by the current process, particularly how student access to opportunities was so unequal. So they formed Handshake to transform university recruiting for the 20 million higher education students across the country and ensure that every student would have the same access to every job, no matter where they go to school. Today, Handshake is a fast-growing team of 80 based in San Francisco. We partner with 400+ universities, uniting them into one powerful network, which makes it easy for 200,000 companies to recruit efficiently beyond their traditional “core” schools, increasing the breadth and scope of opportunities for our 8,000,000 students, and giving our partner universities the data and tools they need to help their students build meaningful careers.
Want to learn more about Handshake? Visit Handshake's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.