We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
What does an Account Executive on the Employer Team do at Handshake?
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
Here's what we're excited for you to work on
- Engage and strategize with senior-level executives at top companies to demonstrate how Handshake can drive ideal candidates to their businesses
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with the University and Student teams to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Conceive and pitch creative recruiting solutions that match individual business needs
- Command, report and forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Update and create sales proposals, leading complex relationships with recruiting teams around the country
- Work closely with the Employer, Student, and University Product teams to gather, analyze, and understand customer requirements to develop product enhancements
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsells
What we look for
- At least 3+ years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 1 year of Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Willing to work out of our San Francisco office, with availability for domestic travel up to 40%
- Experience structuring and handling complex digital recruiting solutions
- Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 1000 companies and other top brands.
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
How we got started Handshake was started in 2014 by Garrett Lord, Scott Ringwelski and Ben Christensen - three students from Michigan Tech, an engineering school in the far reaches of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Surrounded by more than 200 inches of annual snowfall and an eight-hour drive from Chicago or Detroit, Michigan Tech doesn’t see many recruiters from outside of the Midwest. Garrett was particularly frustrated about the difficulty Michigan Tech engineering students faced in getting in the door at top tech companies. So after hustling nonstop to get a Silicon Valley internship of his own, he took matters into his own hands and started brokering intros for his classmates to Bay Area companies. He earned $60k in referral bonuses in less than a year, and paid his way through college. Encouraged by the impact one person could make at one campus, Garrett, Scott, and Ben bought an old car and drove to college campuses across the country. They learned that students, employers and career centers were all frustrated by the current process, particularly how student access to opportunities was so unequal. So they formed Handshake to transform university recruiting for the 20 million higher education students across the country and ensure that every student would have the same access to every job, no matter where they go to school. Today, Handshake is a fast-growing team of 80 based in San Francisco. We partner with 400+ universities, uniting them into one powerful network, which makes it easy for 200,000 companies to recruit efficiently beyond their traditional “core” schools, increasing the breadth and scope of opportunities for our 8,000,000 students, and giving our partner universities the data and tools they need to help their students build meaningful careers.
Want to learn more about Handshake? Visit Handshake's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Operations Manager
Scoop, San Francisco, California
Regional General Manager - Northeast
Getaround, New York / New Jersey
Sales Executive, Enterprise Team
SimilarWeb, San Francisco
Sales Development Representative
Triplebyte, San Francisco
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Account Executive - US Remote based
TrueAccord, Remote, USA