Senior Enterprise Product Designer, Lifecycle
Handshake, San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO or NY, New York or Remote
Handshake is helping to democratize opportunity
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Design at Handshake
We’re designing the future of career discovery and recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing and we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, and we’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Enterprise Designer working with our Lifecycle team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing a talent for systems thinking, simple data driven design, and seamless user experiences to support Handshake’s employer products. The Lifecycle team is responsible for moving employers through the customer lifecycle, with the ultimate mission of bringing every employer on Handshake into the new age of early career talent hiring.
This includes the following:
- Activation - Help every new employer & user succeed on Handshake
- Adoption - Help employers go beyond basic hiring activities
- Monetization - Help employers learn about and purchase the Premium plan that will give them the most value
- Self-service - Help employers with smaller hiring programs get even more out of Handshake
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy and shape students’ career discovery experience.
- Partner with product, research, and engineering to ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- Develop and improve a shared product design language across all student surfaces reflective of our brand.
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth and mentorship
- Demonstrated experience leading design on enterprise products
- Familiarity with human centered/user centered design methodology and techniques
- Experience experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others
- A portfolio of impeccably executed enterprise product design
- University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
How we got started Handshake was started in 2014 by Garrett Lord, Scott Ringwelski and Ben Christensen - three students from Michigan Tech, an engineering school in the far reaches of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Surrounded by more than 200 inches of annual snowfall and an eight-hour drive from Chicago or Detroit, Michigan Tech doesn’t see many recruiters from outside of the Midwest. Garrett was particularly frustrated about the difficulty Michigan Tech engineering students faced in getting in the door at top tech companies. So after hustling nonstop to get a Silicon Valley internship of his own, he took matters into his own hands and started brokering intros for his classmates to Bay Area companies. He earned $60k in referral bonuses in less than a year, and paid his way through college. Encouraged by the impact one person could make at one campus, Garrett, Scott, and Ben bought an old car and drove to college campuses across the country. They learned that students, employers and career centers were all frustrated by the current process, particularly how student access to opportunities was so unequal. So they formed Handshake to transform university recruiting for the 20 million higher education students across the country and ensure that every student would have the same access to every job, no matter where they go to school. Today, Handshake is a fast-growing team of 80 based in San Francisco. We partner with 400+ universities, uniting them into one powerful network, which makes it easy for 200,000 companies to recruit efficiently beyond their traditional “core” schools, increasing the breadth and scope of opportunities for our 8,000,000 students, and giving our partner universities the data and tools they need to help their students build meaningful careers.
Want to learn more about Handshake? Visit Handshake's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price