Senior Product Design Engineer
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Product Development Team at Harry’s is responsible for all hard product launches (razor handles, cartridges, and accessories) from concept to mass production. As Harry’s continues to grow as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will also be the primary driver of new hard product innovation.
About the Role
The Product Development Engineer at Harry’s will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, and more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design mechanical components of Harry’s products ensuring that mechanical robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. There are opportunities to interact at all levels of the company as well as great potential for growth while working with our more senior team members.
What you will Do:
- Design and develop new products for Harry’s product roadmap; the role of the Product Design Engineer ranges from early concept exploration to implementation of the final product for mass production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings, and specifications as part of the product development process, for prototypes and final products.
- Develop and implement plans for research, design for manufacturing, design validation, qualification, etc. in partnership with Program Management, R&D team members, Quality, Consumer Insights, etc.
- Documentation and communication of design history, engineering change orders, etc. to multifunctional team and third party suppliers
- R&D support for manufacturing and operations as needed
- Travel up to 25%
These might describe you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, dual ME/EE, or similar.
- 8+ years of experience in the design, testing, and development of new products. Experience in consumer products or medical devices a plus.
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, and operates with flexibility
- Strong background in high volume plastic part design and manufacturing, mechanical assemblies, 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Creo, CATIA, etc.), engineering drawings, tolerances, and specifications.
- Skills in FMEA, DFM, GD&T, DoE, simulation/modeling (FEA) desirable
- Experienced at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, challenging and always changing environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs. PMP certification is a plus.
- Plays well with others. Experience in collaborating with quality/reliability, manufacturing and operations, and third party design and manufacturing
- Sense of humor
Who you will work with:
- Who they will manage/report to: Director of Product Design Engineering
- Who they will work with cross-functionally and how: Program Management, Quality, Consumer Insights, Manufacturing and Operations, Third Party Suppliers
- Who will rely on them for information through reporting, communication, etc.: Program Management, Quality, Consumer Insights, Manufacturing and Operations, Legal, Third Party Suppliers
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
Jobs You May Like
eCommerce Site Merchandiser
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Head of Product Management & Design
New York Media, New York, NY
Vistar Media, New York
Senior Director, Product Management
Acquia, Boston, MA
Product Manager, Marketing and Sales
Oscar, New York
Director, Product Management - Identification
BounceX, New York