Senior Product Designer
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join us in our SOHO office in Manhattan to help drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences to guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
The Digital Product Team @ Harry’s
At Harrys, the Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build a powerful, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver highly performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You have insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable and functional product designs, you represent the users in every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you’re building. Thinking information architecture & hierarchy, user flows and UI patterns are a second nature to you. You understand why you designed something, and you can advocate for that in our team environment while collaborating with product managers and engineers. You thrive in entrepreneurial and nimble environments, and eat, sleep, and breathe digital media, web cutting edge and best practices, and user behaviors.
- Understand and hone in on user needs, and leverage this understanding to help ideate and define product requirements by collaborating with product and design peers, leveraging low-fi sketches, wireframes and prototypes to inform the ideation process.
- Work closely with product managers to drive usability research to validate designs, and show agility to adapt the designs to user input even if it means significant change.
- Conceptualize usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Design wireframes with clear information architecture and hierarchy vision, user interaction model and user flows.
- Be a UX thought leader in our organization, keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX processes.
- Communicate proactively, and collaborate with partner teams to get input on designs and adapt and iterate as needed, including enlisting commitment for final UX deliverables.
- Work with visual designers to ensure integrity of user experience in final product.
- Work with junior designers to support their development and ensure continuous progress of the team.
- Juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Become subject matter expert on Harry’s surfaces,.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, information architect, or in a similar role building digital products, with increasing responsibility
- Ability to build user interface systems from scratch that can scale across devices and platforms with comfort across a range of platforms and devices such as responsive web, apps, integrations with third-party products.
- Experience in web and/or app development.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn high level ideas into a strong and unique UX and creative vision, with specific examples of user flows, wireframes and documentation demonstrating your design thinking and ability to tell a user story.
- Expertise in using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other standard design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration with and influencing development, product, and marketing teams, with ability to synthesize feedback and input from other UX and visual designers, research, product managers and development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions
- Deep understanding of digital product design and development process.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams
- Experience with agile development process, usability research and testing.
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate.
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent Education experience.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Management Intern
Datto, Norwalk, CT, Boston, MA
Pager, New York, NY
Product Specialist / Customer Success
Senior Product Researcher
Manager, Product Planning
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Product Manager, Go-To-Market Enablement & Automation
Intercom, San Francisco