Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Harry’s is looking for a talented, experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team to focus on building out our web application and associated systems. The Engineering team at Harry’s is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing.
We need someone who can step in and do some figurative heavy lifting on our application and step into a coach/mentor role for other engineers on the team. In this role, you’ll be ensuring that our technical capabilities keep pace with our business goals while keeping technical quality and engineering rigor front of mind. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
This should describe you:
- You are a web application developer, who has thrived in a startup world before.
- Have 4-6 years of experience engineering front-end systems
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack
- Have a keen eye for design detail and have demonstrated they know how to build and maintain a healthy relationship with Product and Design teams
- Hands-on experience with ES6 and Single Page Application Frameworks (ex. React, Angular, Vue) is a huge plus
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for setting the direction and approach for front-end engineering within a squad.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality and practice
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention and eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards and rigor to that process
- Build high-quality, high-value software, and be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Frontend
Birchbox, New York
Tech Lead, Web Infrastructure
Pinterest, San Francisco
Developer, Back-End (Java)
Lightspeed, Ghent, BE
Test Automation Engineer
Dept, Amsterdam | Rotterdam
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
SquareTrade, New Mexico