Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Harry’s is looking for a talented, experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform team to focus on building out our web application and associated systems. The Platform Engineering team at Harry’s is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing.
We need someone who can step in and do some figurative heavy lifting on our Ruby on Rails application and step into a coach/mentor role for other engineers on the team. In this role, you’ll be ensuring that our technical capabilities keep pace with our business goals while keeping technical quality and engineering rigor front of mind. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
This should describe you:
- You are an exceptional web application developer, who has thrived in a startup world before.
- Have 4-6 years of experience engineering front-end systems
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack
- Have a keen eye for design detail and have demonstrated they know how to build and maintain a healthy relationship with Product and Design teams
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for setting the direction and approach for front-end engineering within a squad,
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality and practice
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention and eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards and rigor to that process
- Build high-quality, high-value software, and be an outspoken voice advocating for front-end technologies across the engineering team
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit https://www.harrys.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Dataminr, New York
Site Reliability Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Cost Optimisation & Billing Engineer
Software Engineer, Content Data
Pinterest, San Francisco