Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our growth marketing team in New York as an Advertising Copywriter. This is a full-time position on the marketing team, working alongside a team of growth marketers, brand marketers, designers, photographers, and writers.
Started by two friends from Stanford and Wharton Business schools who felt the whole experience of buying razors was broken, Harry’s has made it their business to change the way we shave. By owning the factory and having full control of the manufacturing process, Harry's can maintain the price of their blades while also implementing customer feedback into making future products even better. To learn more about the Harry’s story, check out our website: https://www.harrys.com/our-story
About the Role
Copywriters at Harry’s are excellent storytellers whose mastery of the written language inspires engagement, drives new customer acquisition, increases retention and reactivation, and elevates the brand. They are hyper-committed to delivering concepts and ideas that are strategic, on-brand, innovative and understanding of the customer perspective, and are fluent in concepting and collaborating. They understand that good creative means thinking outside the box, screen, and pixel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong desire to write compelling stories, headlines, ad copy, and landing page copy that inspires new customers to try Harry’s, and is very comfortable presenting copy and new ideas to stakeholders on the growth marketing team. They are motivated by developing copy that communicates Harry’s key value propositions and that drives effective business results as measured by the growth marketing team. They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harry’s high creative standards and possess a collaborative and easy going work ethic with the ability to give and take creative feedback and constructive criticism gracefully. They are naturally curious and passionate about the brand and storytelling journey and desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
- Digital Advertising: Develop advertising copy for digital marketing channels like Facebook, Instagram, web display, Gmail, and promoted content channels supporting multiple ad formats including static banners, animated banners, short video clips, recorded video interviews, article teasers, dynamic product ads, emails, and carousel ads.
- Print Advertising: Develop advertising copy for print-ready ads for offline marketing channels including direct mail, magazine ads, flyer inserts, and newspaper ads, supporting multiple ad formats including postcards, tri-fold cards, letters, mini-catalogs, and door hangers.
- Landing Pages: Write compelling copy for landing pages, including short stories, that ties directly to digital and print advertisements so that customers who see our advertisements and then come to Harrys.com have a seamless and elevated experience.
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years experience writing copy in an e-commerce or advertising setting
- Impeccable and multi-faceted copywriting, copyediting and proofing talents
- Superb communication skills, upbeat approach to the day, team-oriented mentality
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- A passion for design, typography, creative and brand thinking.
- Comfortable having work evaluated based on strict performance metrics.
- Insightful, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Empathy for the customer and their interaction with the brand in advertising.
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to create original work.
- Strong project management skills; experience working cross-functionally with creative and marketing teams a plus.
- Organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.
- An eagerness to learn about new business models and tackle strategic issues.
- A great attitude and sense of humor.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Marketing Manager, Southern Europe
Yext, Paris, France
Senior SEO Technical Executive
Coordinator, Talent Relations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
IVY: The Social University, Miami, FL, United States
On-Call Merchandise Assistant