R&D Technical Program Manager
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
About the Team
The Global R&D team at Harry's works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s shaving market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s brand as well as strategic store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
As a Product Manager on the R&D team, you will be responsible for owning the strategy and development of next generation razor technology. You will work with cross-functional teams at the most senior level and manage our network of suppliers to drive new products from concept to customer ready. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 40%).
- Own New Product Innovation: Develop product strategy that will continue to establish Harry’s as a revolutionary men’s grooming brand by understanding the category, customer, and competition
- Spearhead New Technology Exploration: Drive cross-functional initiatives to define next generation technologies for our core IP across all product categories
- Lead New Product Launches:
- Work directly with suppliers to design, prototype, and develop innovative new products - travel to manufacturing locations to lead development and give on-site approvals as needed
- Track projects and manage cross-functional project team (including R&D, supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales and marketing) from conception to launch and ensure on time delivery of high-quality products at scale
- Provide project leadership and communicate updates across cross-functional teams and to senior management
- Develop Product Expertise: Own category and develop deep technical knowledge on shaving
The following should describe you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or comparable technical disciplines) with direct engineering experience and 5-7 years as a product manager
- Direct experience with high volume consumer goods (plastics and metals preferred)
- Experience running projects through a full development cycle (white space, design, prototyping, testing, validation, infrastructure development, ramp-up, etc.)
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities quickly
- Prior experience with high travel and managing a global supplier base for development and testing
- Know-how and comfort presenting to senior leadership in a concise and effective manner
- Creative skills to be a contributor to "idea generation" of new products
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- An eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise
- Proficiency in German and/or Mandarin a plus
- A great attitude and sense of humor
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit https://www.harrys.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Manager, CDN
Brightcove, Boston, MA
Remote Product & Sales Specialist for Galapagos (German + French Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, Remote
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Senior Product Owner, White Label Solutions
Design Lead, Brand
Postmates, San Francisco
Product Development Manager
Casper, San Francisco