Commercial Analyst (DTC)
Harry’s, London, United Kingdom
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
We’re looking for a commercially-astute, highly analytical and detail-oriented individual to join our Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) team in London as a Commercial Analyst. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Senior Director of DTC, working alongside a talented team of performance marketers, product managers, S&OP and finance teams.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly analytical, commercially-astute and detail oriented individual to join our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team as a Commercial Analyst. In this role you will provide commercial intelligence to S&OP and finance teams, act as an expert on customer purchase behaviour, and provide narrative to senior leadership on performance versus forecast.
You’ll generate and deliver daily, weekly, monthly commercial analyses and insights to uncover truths and drive growth of Harry’s DTC, use data to inform strategic decisions, become the ‘go-to’ for the metrics that matter, acting as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders across the business.
Reporting into and working closely with the Senior Director of DTC you’ll also partner with Performance Marketing and Digital Product teams, running regular forward-looking scenario planning, owning analytical and reporting requirements, spotting customer trends before anyone else and making recommendations on actions and projects to respond to these insights.
In this role you work with a broad range of existing data sources, analytical tools, forecasting models, as well as be responsible for improving upon our existing tools suite, Excel models, dashboards and reports; automating where possible. You liaise closely with colleagues in the US, including the Analytics and Data Engineering teams as well as being the key liaison with S&OP and FP&A teams.
This is a truly unique role; highly analytical and deeply commercial in focus, with a broad remit to influence the levers that drive the growth and health of our online business, whilst also involving a high level of critical thinking, creative problem solving and communication skills. This role offers the opportunity to look under the hood at the dynamics and complexities of a highly successful subscription e-commerce and omni-channel business and play a key part in driving its continued commercial future.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own key metrics that drive the health of our online business, across the customer journey, synthesizing findings and trends into reports, narratives and presentations for leadership and peers
- Build new and improved financial models to drive and run regular scenario planning to inform short term marketing investment and longer-term strategic planning decisions
- Own the holistic DTC commercial forecast - be accountable in building it up from various commercial and planning inputs, then interrogating the actuals and driving improvements
- Be a trusted advisor to cross-functional stakeholders across the global business including the S&OP, FP&A teams, providing commercial intelligence, forecasts and commentaries on short and long-term trends and growth trajectory
- Work closely with functional leads to run streamlined budgeting processes at key points throughout the year, and take ownership of DTC inputs into monthly S&OP cycles
- Own existing and develop new custom Looker dashboards and deliver regular reporting to provide KPI visibility to stakeholders across the business; automate where possible
- Own the creation and presentation of month-end KPI reviews, delivering clear narratives to senior management as well as the broader Performance Marketing team
- Identify data analysis pain points, inefficiencies, and develop new tools, models and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Support the Performance Marketing Team in optimizing and budgeting marketing spend across the channel mix to deliver the most efficient ROI, running regular LTV and IRR analysis
- Partner with Performance Marketing and Digital Product teams to understand current and future analytical requirements, helping to develop new models, enhancing existing analytics infrastructure, and partnering with the US Analytics and Data Engineering teams to deliver.
Experience and qualifications
- You have a degree in a numerical / analytical or data discipline
- 5+ years financial experience or field relating relating to data or commercial analysis, either in a start-up, consulting or finance environment
- Advanced Excel skills related to analysis, reporting, scenario planning and forecasting modelling
- An exceptionally logical approach, commercial curiosity and drive for accuracy and detail
- Strong commercial acumen and financial literacy with proven ability to advise and influence using data
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Highly analytical mind combined with an equally creative approach to problem-solving – you’re hypothesis-driven and comfortable looking beyond the what to understand the why and determine the so what
- Data obsessive and comfortable with cohort analysis and getting familiar with a range of acronyms such as CPA, LTV, ROI, AOV, IRR, LOL
- You thrive in a fast moving start-up environment, are a strong team player and excited by the prospect of taking on all tasks no matter how big or small
- A desire to learn new things, to pivot and be agile to support the business in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- A great attitude and sense of humour
Bonus points for the below (but not required):
- Prior work experience with a data visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Google Analytics and Heap
- CIMA qualification
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Jobs You May Like
The Democratic Party
Regional Calls Manager
The Democratic Party, Remote