Sr. Product Manager - Vault Cloud
HashiCorp, United States - District of Columbia (Remote)
See jobs at HashiCorp
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
Remote - US or Canada
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management, Encryption and Access/Identity Management.
Launched in April 2021, HCP Vault is a highly strategic and critical product for HashiCorp. As a Senior Product Manager on the HCP Vault Product team, you will be responsible and have a voice in shaping the Cloud future of HashiCorp’s flagship product. This is a great opportunity to join a growing PM team, take on ownership, and drive the product’s success. You will work closely with the Engineering, Design, Education as well as GTM teams to deliver functionality to Fortune 500 companies all over the world.
This role is for someone who has expertise in security (secrets management, static/dynamic secrets, KPI), building managed services, and/or experience in enterprise software. HCP Vault is a fast-moving product with high ambitions. You will help set strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- 3+ years of product management experience with a B2B SaaS product and/or services
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication with ability to synthesize/condense complexity
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Ability to fluidly dive into and operate between technical and GTM conversations
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.