Director, Product Marketing Manager - Nomad
This role will be based in our SF HQ.
Are you a product marketer looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you see the cloud’s impact on how and where applications are being run? Are you thinking about how all the interest in Kubernetes is might play out with large enterprises?Do you want to be the leader of the go-to-market efforts around HashiCorp’s best-kept secret – with the chance to announce it make it into the next big thing?
HashiCorp is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for HashiCorp Nomad. This role will be part of our Product Marketing team and will own the strategy and execution for marketing Nomad, focusing on our commercial version, Nomad Enterprise. It will be important for you to know the ins and outs of application scheduling and the concerns of building and running cloud-based applications in modern development and IT operations organizations. You will need to understand our customers and their needs so you can work closely across HashiCorp to drive the right messages and go-to-market activities for Nomad, deliver tools and training to the sales team, and help drive commercial success for the product.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates HashiCorp Nomad in the market, based on market intelligence and your experience with our buyers, users, and their requirements.
- Determine what potential customers want to know at different stages of their journey and create programs and digital tactics to improve that process.
- Be the go-to-market lead for HashiCorp Nomad, orchestrating sales, product management, and engineering to drive product adoption and product sales, while helping the team quickly react to real-world customer and field feedback. Orchestrate the external product launches.
- Content creation -- use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Nomad.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the product, its use cases, and its differentiators to the global sales team and develop the sales tools and training that support our selling process.
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and orchestrate the marketing programs that drive demand for your products, working closely with the other marketing team members
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness of Nomad
- Serve as a product spokesperson with customers, press, analysts, and be a speaker at targeted events and a visible social media presence around the products and the key topic areas.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years of software product marketing experience with at least 3 years experience in a field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, application runtimes, DevOps, and IT operations.
- Technical subject matter expert in distributed application scheduling, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, microservices architectures, and DevOps approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study: Computer Science, Business, Marketing
- Some travel required
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functionsExcellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.