HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Terraform Enterprise is HashiCorp’s effective, reusable, and safe infrastructure provisioning automation service. It is available as a SaaS or private install and provides collaboration and governance capabilities. For teams of operators, it enables collaboration on infrastructure and a central service registry to publish and discover infrastructure modules. For organizations, it enables policy and governance to expertly provision at scale.
The Terraform Enterprise Governance team is responsible for defining, enforcing and reporting on all governance controls in Terraform Enterprise. This includes all aspects of identity (authentication, authorization, ACLs, SSO), audit logging, policy management/workflows, cost management (estimation, budget, chargebacks, policy, etc). You will work with customers who are business decision makers, technical decision makers, and practitioners.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Drive the development of core Terraform Enterprise workflows — conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering, design, UX, marketing, and sales enablement
- Work closely with the Terraform Enterprise engineering team to support release cycles
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests.
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc.)
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Lead sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Experience organizing multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps, SaaS and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #L1-MM1
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.