HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Consul is HashiCorp’s service mesh product for multi-cloud networking. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Consul integrates with proxies for traffic routing, cloud providers for operational bootstrapping, APM software for application metrics and observability. Consul also integrates with runtime systems like Kubernetes, Nomad, Pivotal, and more. This role is dedicated to expanding that ecosystem by continuing to increase these types of integrations, and also pursuing other creative distribution channels.
This role sits at the convergence of business strategy, partnership strategy, and product strategy. You will work with Consul practitioners, technology partners, and cloud partners to understand their needs and advance the Consul ecosystem. This role is for strategic thinkers who like to understand and map market landscapes, and then build product roadmaps to win those markets.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed ecosystem strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Consul practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Work closely with the Consul ecosystem engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously expand the Consul ecosystem.
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with partnership efforts
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer, Enterprise
Slack, San Francisco
(Entrepreneurial & Data Lover) Business Analyst
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Network Systems Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Product Manager, Safety & Insurance
Lyft, San Francisco
Senior Technical Product Manager (REF18725L) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US