Software Engineer, Systems
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/CANADA/NETHERLANDS/FRANCE/GERMANY
See jobs at HashiCorp
This role is for Software Engineering on one of the Vault, Nomad, or Consul teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise version of each tool, programming primarily in Go with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
This role provides an opportunity to help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the stability of the product across a range of use-cases. Our teams work can be viewed on GitHub in the core products (for Vault, Nomad, or Consul) or in libraries our teams depend on, like raft, memberlist, and go-plugin.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Help contribute to the HashiCorp community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to product APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience working with distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- You have skills and specialization within security, distributed systems, or schedulers
- You’re able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems
- You exhibit ownership in your work, including research and understanding of the problem space, collaborating with the team to come up with solutions, proactively communicating your progress to the team, and shipping the feature over the finish line.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
ShopKeep, ShopKeep Belfast
TV Analytics Operations Manager
LiveRamp, Burlington, MA OR New York City, NY
Senior Experience Designer (m/f/d)
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lead Product Security Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ