At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role will be working on the Engineering Services team. On this team, you will be working with other Release, Software, and Infrastructure Engineers. This team supports the Engineering organization with Release, Reliability, Compliance, and Systems.
About the Role
This Release Engineer role will join an existing team to focus on the developer experience and release process for our open source and commercial products. You will work as a team to build reusable components for software delivery pipelines, but also work individually with product teams to help with their execution of everyday software development.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support product teams in all of their post-commit needs for builds and releases
- Participate in evolving our continuous integration pipeline
- Facilitate automation for the release of our products as binaries for multiple target OS’s and packaging formats
- Evolve our continuous integration test harnesses, helping the team keep the test runs fast and reliably green
- Contribute to developing best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Continuously improve automated build, test and deployment workflows
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience working on developer tooling and release automation for enterprise software in business critical environments
- You are comfortable designing, implementing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts, ecosystem, and tooling (prior experience with Terraform and Packer is a big plus!)
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have a passion for automation, testing, and documentation
- You have experience with container technologies
- You have experience working with VCS
- You have experience building software packages and software installers
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Notifications, Infrastructure Engineer
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
PatientPop, Santa Monica, CA
Network Admin m/f/d
Front-End Angular Developer
Nortal, Serbia, Belgrade
Senior iOS Engineer Credit Cards- Culver City, CA
Credit Karma, Culver City, CA
Technology Director, Thermostat