Director, Consul Product Marketing Management
HashiCorp, Headquarters--San Francisco
See jobs at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Director of product marketing. This role will lead the Product Marketing team for HashiCorp Consul which is our multi-cloud networking platform. It will be important for you to know the ins and outs of dynamic, cloud based IT operations, and how traditional networking is being disrupted by the cloud. You will need to understand our customers and their needs so you can work closely across the organization to drive the right messages and go-to-market activities, deliver tools and training to the sales team, and help drive commercial success for Consul.
Are you a product marketer looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you see how the cloud is redefining how the world’s largest enterprises think about their infrastructure and want to be a part of it? Do you want to lead the go-to-market efforts around a set of products that are adopted by millions of open source users, and work to expand that footprint into every corner of the Global 2000?
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and iterate product positioning and messaging that differentiates Consul in the market.
- Understand the customer journeys and align key messages to target audiences within those journeys, especially in describing technical capabilities of Consul in terms of customer value.
- Be a go-to-market lead for Consul, working closely with sales, product management, and engineering to drive product adoption and product sales, while helping the team quickly react to real-world customer and field feedback
- Content creation -- use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Consul.
- Sales enablement – guide the team to communicate the value proposition to the global sales team and in developing the sales tools and training that support the selling process. Work with the team to deliver content related to value propositions, competitive differentiators, and product-focused sales materials
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be an expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the product. Serve as the voice of the customer to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving customer challenges
- Demand and lead generation strategy – collaborate with the revenue marketing team, digital marketing, and field marketing to deliver the marketing programs that drive demand
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness
- Serve as a product spokesperson with customers, press, analysts, and be a speaker at targeted events and a visible social media presence
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10 years of software product marketing experience with at least 5-7 years of experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, IT operations or networking.
- Technical subject matter expert in cloud infrastructure and networking, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, microservices, and DevOps approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Some travel required
- Strong team leadership and managerial skills
- Experience with enterprise open source software offerings and experience bringing them to market
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Community Ambassador - Boise, ID
Yelp, Boise, ID
Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager, European Markets
**Winter/Spring Intern 2019** Audience Development Digital Marketing Intern
XO Group, New York
Program Activation Manager - Events
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Executive Communications Designer (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Penumbra, Alameda, CA