Sr. Technical Account Manager
Location: Remote - NY Metro
HashiCorp is a fast-growing start-up headquartered in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure, so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these.
HashiCorp is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to manage the end-to-end relationship with our enterprise customers. As a post-sales TAM at HashiCorp, you will work in a high-performance team environment to drive Customer Success by providing lifecycle management for a portfolio of HashiCorp companies.
Customer Lifecycle Management for Customer Success
- Manage customer success by owning the end-to-end post sales customer lifecycle – including on-boarding, expansion phase, and renewals.
- Provide technical leadership for customer onboarding projects at large Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail and other industry verticals.
- Provide Technical Account management for a portfolio of enterprise customers.
- Drive Customer Success via High touch and Low touch methods (automation tools).
- Conduct QBRs for enterprise customers.
- Drive successful customer renewals with low churn and work with sales ops to execute renewals.
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development processes.
- Create a frictionless onboarding process for the customer by working closely with Support, Services and Sales Engineering teams within HashiCorp.
- Supervise software upgrades.
- Project liaison support for managing product deliveries into customers – especially for custom deliverables.
- Conduct regular requirements gathering reviews and project reviews.
- 5+ years of Technical Account Management, Customer Support, Sales Engineering or equivalent experience - practitioners are welcome as well.
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes.
- Experience with any HashiCorp Stack - (Vault, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vagrant, Packer) is a plus.
- Self-starter with proven track record of Customer facing roles and working with executives.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage.
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, micro-services, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others is a plus.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel is required initially during on-boarding phase of customer lifecycle and for QBRs (as needed)
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience. MS/MBA preferred.
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series D start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.