This is an Engineering Operations individual contributor role. HashiCorp engineering is a rapidly growing organization delivering multiple products (Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Consul). Engineering is a remote and highly distributed team. Our engineering management culture is built upon hiring and onboarding strong engineers and enabling them to do their best work while solving complex, mission critical infrastructure requirements.
This role will be focused on supporting the growth of engineering and establishing a system that allows us to operate effectively through various phases of scale. Reporting to the VP of engineering, this role requires close collaboration with engineering and cross organizational leadership.
If you are curious about engineering culture in a fully remote and distributed setting, enjoy working with people and on projects that enable an engineering organization to operate effectively, this role is for you!
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with engineering and cross organizational leadership
- Advocate and support improvements to our engineering management practices
- Implement process improvements to make our operations run effectively
- Implement metrics to enable data driven assessment of effectiveness
- Own the cross engineering communication strategy and implementation
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience leading effective engineering teams
- You have experience working with rapidly growing organizations and the pace of change that accompanies the growth
- You are an excellent communicator able to craft a clear and compelling message for disparate audiences
- You exhibit an attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple projects
- You exhibit ownership in your work, including research and understanding of the problem space, collaborating with the team to come up with solutions, proactively communicating your progress to the team, and taking the project to completion.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.