HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
As part of the Product Technical Program Management team for Terraform product line at HashiCorp, you'll plan and execute strategic initiatives and manage software delivery framework. You will drive complex programs and initiatives across multiple disciplines primarily in product delivery, launch, adoption activities and steering strategic engineering initiatives end-to-end.
You'll also improve cohesion and establish great ways to work together with our cross-functional partners in product marketing, design, customer success, legal and sales. You should have a strong appreciation for the scaling process while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As a Technical Program Manager for Terraform product line, you will be responsible for establishing programs, driving execution and managing releases on self managed and cloud. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing Terraform products team which aims to help people provision at scale.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead coordination and alignment of programs and drive delivery across cross functional stakeholders by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote excellence in product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture by efficiently removing obstacles through project completion
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a project or program manager with experience establishing programs, prior experience managing engineering software projects through full lifecycle especially for cloud delivery
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- An appreciation for engineering and product management practices and are able to advocate for project owners as needed
- Experience in a rapid growth organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of Terraform product is an added advantage
Attributes we look for in Technical Program Managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.