HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We are looking for Product Security Engineers to help scale our product security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp suite of cloud and self-managed products. This role will report to our Director of Product Security.
Security at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to secure architecture and design of HashiCorp products, with a specific focus on the HashiCorp Cloud Platform.
- Work across various product and engineering teams to prioritize security features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigations.
- Monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services; triage reported vulnerabilities, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk.
- Plan & execute security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc) and threat modeling of HashiCorp’s products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, application security, threat modeling etc.)
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of security training.
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques.
We are looking for talented self-starters with solid security experience. We will consider experienced engineers with less security-specific experience but the desire to learn!
You may be a good fit if you have knowledge and experience around:
- Product / service architectures in modern cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Modern engineering practices, processes, and tools, particularly related to the Go programming language and ecosystem.
- Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Secure operations practices, specifically with reference to cloud environments.
- Application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools.
- Security design / architecture and threat modeling.
- Vulnerabilities (old and new), and options for defense / mitigation.
- Product vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty programs.
- Cryptography and cryptographic libraries.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price