HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
We are seeking a Director, Global Payroll, to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization. We have employees in over 30 US States, and over 14 countries. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has an excellent core knowledge of US payroll, with multiple states, and international payroll and is eager to contribute their expertise to a fast growing company.
The Director of Global Payroll is responsible for the administration and delivery of HashiCorp’s global payroll processes, including improving payroll systems in support of pay processes. This role develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including managing relationships with internal and external parties, taxing agencies, and vendors. The Director of Payroll also assists with the development and execution of payroll strategies which includes making recommendations to senior management regarding procedural and system improvements. In addition, the Director of Payroll is responsible for ensuring all pay processes adhere to internal controls and regulatory pay practices.
A successful candidate thrives in a high growth and high energy company.
In this role you can expect to
- Oversee day to day payroll operations to deliver worldwide payroll timely and accurately
- Mentor and manage the growing payroll team
- Identify opportunities to improve payroll systems, lead system implementations, and the design of new payroll processes
- Manage domestic and international payroll tax registrations and collaborate with tax team on payroll tax issues
- Build and manage a relationship with the HR team to ensure smooth communications between teams
- Review payroll journal entries, payroll account reconciliations, and monthly payroll flux analyses
- Understand and review employee taxes, employer benefits and deductions
- Guide the team to ensure accurate sales commission payments, Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) releases, Employee Share Purchase Plans (ESPP), and other equity award related transactions on a regular basis
- Collaborate cross functionally across other departments to strategize on corporate initiatives
- Ensures appropriate metrics are in place to measure and manage service levels, business risks and improve decision making
- Troubleshoot and escalate payroll-related issues and oversee regular maintenance of payroll systems
- Manage ad hoc projects related to payroll and HR
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 12+ years experience managing and processing multi-state (US) and international payroll
- Experience managing payroll at a public company with ESPP, RSU, and equity awards transactions in the US and internationally
- Processed and managed payroll for 3,000+ employees
- At least 5+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ people
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State payroll withholdings
- Extremely high attention to detail with the ability to prioritize multiple workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, utilize a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals, understand business implications of decisions, and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Netsuite, MS Office Suite, and GSuite a plus
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now, and Workday is required
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one