Software Engineer - Terraform Strategic Integrations, Kubernetes
HashiCorp, Costa Rica (Remote)
See jobs at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open-source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Providers are plugins that provide the interface and interactions between Terraform and the APIs that interact with infrastructure. Terraform Providers are responsible for understanding APIs and exposing resources for use with Terraform.
We want you to contribute to the development and maintenance of Terraform Kubernetes Providers in close collaboration with the large and growing Terraform community and HashiCorp’s customers.
In this role you can expect to...
- Work with nearly every part of Kubernetes in the process of extending, maintaining, and enhancing the Kubernetes provider
- Be responsible for the stewardship of the Terraform Kubernetes Provider by supporting the internal, community, and partner contributors with guidance, supportive and constructive code reviews, documentation improvements, mentorship, tooling, and changes required to make our users successful
- Work on issues and improvements in Terraform Providers critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Contribute to our growing open source community
- Advocate for and make improvements to Terraform Core and the Terraform plugin SDK
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- You have a solid Software Engineering and/or DevOps background
- You have operated and maintained production systems in a public cloud environment or on-prem data center
- You have used and enjoyed using Terraform & Kubernetes
- You have experience in education, customer support, or OSS community support applicable to the Terraform community
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and tools (infrastructure as code, software-defined networking, virtualization, and the tools used to operate and maintain related systems)
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to the Terraform Strategic Integrations, Kubernetes Team in particular.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.